[OM] Re: Two queries

Subject: [OM] Re: Two queries
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:40:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/2005 3:23:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't  know if they are available on your side of the pond, but I have a
Zero  Halliburton that I have used for 25 years. It is built like a tank and
although I've never immersed it, it seems to be pretty waterproof. About every
10 years or so I replace the foam and update the layout of the holes to fit
whatever equipment I wish to carry. Their website is at:

_http://www.zerohalliburton.com/_ (http://www.zerohalliburton.com/)

They were great cases for traveling until 9/11.  Now with everything  in an
unlocked case, I never check my camera gear.  If I can't carry it  aboard, it
stays home.  Mine is a small Tamrac case which is perhaps 20+  years old.  On
my recent trip to Maine/Boston, it carried an e-1 with  14-54mm D Zuiko, 50-200
D Zuiko, 1.4X, extension tube, 50mm D Zuiko, 7-14mm  D Zuiko, 2 extra
batteries, a Pentax Digital spot meter, Zero Image 6X9  pinhole a Voigtlander
Bessa
II and an assortment of filters and other  gadgets and doo dads.  Now it was
stuffed, but I had no problem  carrying it aboard the airplane.  Given that
photographers are allowed a  camera bag and one carry on, I also carried my
laptop.  My tripod was well  wrapped in a case and checked.  It was the one
thing
that got searched by  security,  Guess it looked like a bazooka or something.
So my  suggestion is to get something you can carry aboard.  If you want a
Halliburton (they are good) I'd look on ebay.  The replacement foam is
expensive
from Halliburton and that is where I bought mine.   Bill  Barber