[OM] Re: Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60

Subject: [OM] Re: Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:58:59 +0100
Yes, Piers, 300ft is legal for BBMF (Battle of Britain Memorial
Flight).  They are probably cleared lower.   Some of the displays are
cleared down to 35ft (Unlimited I think they're called), but the
Limbo Dancers are cleared down to 5ft!  They had 2 Tiger Moths, a
Jungmann and a Jackaroo (Chipmunk) doing the Limbo underneath one
line at around 25ft, over a 7ft hedge and under another line.  I am
extremely surprised that the CAA gives permission for that; and only
one pilot managed to do both lines, while one did not manage any.

OM content:  I am starting to wonder if I would not have been better
off with my OM4 and a 135 or 200 lens to take candids of the pilots.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.