[OM] Re: E1 with OM adapter pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 with OM adapter pictures
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:01:29 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Oh, I had no intention of obliterating it.  Only softening it slightly.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
>>The shadow accentuates the "handle" of the grinding
>>stone.  It would be a very different photo without it.

I would agree with softening the shadow some. I've had the picture open
in a browser window since you posted it. I love the composition and the
colors are great. But the strong shadows took away from the serenity of
the picture. Softer shadows, I think, or even some sort of minor "gel"
effect would make this, IMHO, a great picture.

Steve