[OM] Re: Pixmantec Rawshooter Essentials

Subject: [OM] Re: Pixmantec Rawshooter Essentials
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:14:36 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Free for PC. Nonexistent for Mac. Looks like a crackerjack piece of
>software regardless of cost.
>
>Review here:
>
>http://www.jirvana.com/fotoespresso/FE_US_3-2005_v4.pdf

It is very nice. Quick and intuitive to use and good results. I
converted a shot with very subtle highlight detail in white flower
petals and some subtle shadow detail in RawsShooter, the Can*n converter
and CSPS, then spent some time cmparing them at various viewing sizes,
but mostly full pixel. There were differences. One was very slightly
better at the shadows and very slightly worse at the highlights than the
other two. My conclusion was that the difference just wasn't meaningful
for anything practical that I do, so I mostly use PSCS on the desktop.
On the notebook, it's RawShooter. Others will likely have comments on
color balance. It was essentially the same on my one test shot.

Moose