[OM] Re: pic request: OM1/E10 side-by-side

Subject: [OM] Re: pic request: OM1/E10 side-by-side
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:48:25 EDT
I agree. Whaddya think, we're all sitting here with nothing better to do?
just compare photos that are already out there on the 'net, and the listed
weights and dimensions, and then make up your mind. The E-10 is lighter (to me)
than
it looks, I still like mine a lot. A reliable store- cameta camera has had a
couple of E-10s in the $289 price range. I'd buy from them before I took a
chance on ebay.

George S.

chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think you must be kidding.  The OM-1 will be dwarfed by the E-thing.
They're
approximately the same width but as to depth with lens... no comparison.
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse10/images/allroundview.jpg>

I've used an E-20 a bit and, despite the size and weight, I think they're
fairly
comfortable to hold and use.   But, these cameras are so radically different
that I don't think a side-by-side comparison is any way meaningful.  Just go
buy
one.  But make sure it's 100% working.  Repairing it will probably not be a
worthwhile venture.

Chuck Norcutt