[OM] Re: pic request: OM1/E10 side-by-side

Subject: [OM] Re: pic request: OM1/E10 side-by-side
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:20:39 -0400
iddi wrote:

> If any listies have the Oly E10 and an single digit OM body, would they
> kindly take a few shots of them side by side, front, top, and side views
> (OM fitted with a 50mm lens), and mail them to me? All the E-thing threads
> are tempting, and the E10 looks good (plus is old enough that it can be
> had for not much money). Thanks.

I think you must be kidding.  The OM-1 will be dwarfed by the E-thing.  They're
approximately the same width but as to depth with lens... no comparison.
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse10/images/allroundview.jpg>

I've used an E-20 a bit and, despite the size and weight, I think they're
fairly
comfortable to hold and use.   But, these cameras are so radically different
that I don't think a side-by-side comparison is any way meaningful.  Just go
buy
one.  But make sure it's 100% working.  Repairing it will probably not be a
worthwhile venture.

Chuck Norcutt