[OM] Re: OT: 5D Sample Images

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: 5D Sample Images
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:18:30 +0200
mmmhhh....

In my opinion they conservatively choose a low sharpening level to
minimize noise in the sky (which is already visible especially in the
lower transition area) and chromatic aberration, (a hint of which is
visible on the mountain line on the left with the cloud behind)

Having used RAW image task (they write it in the image description),
with my now gone 350D shots, I can honestly say that the program uses
relatively poor sharpening alghoritms.

RAW Developer and C1 are much better in this regard.

Anyway it's difficult judge a compressed jpeg image.

And I'm not sure this would show on the final print.

Sure, in my opinion, the 17-40 it's not one of best C*n*n zooms.

Alfredo

http://mail.yahoo.it