[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:40:53 -0700
http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF7.html

This photographer uses mathematics. He says his 10D produces an image
that is the equal of 35mm film. There is a chart near the bottom that
shows his mathematical conclusions. He is also an engineer that wrote
the Imatest software some sites are using now to evaluate digital
image quality.

About Reichmann:  Sometimes Reichmann irritates the hell out me. He
is too subjective, has a huge ego, makes snap decisions and sometimes
tramples on my prejudices. I don't always agree with him, but he is
intelligent. He is a good photographer. Like most people he has his
favorite equipment of the moment.  His photography is exhibited in
galleries and is published. He makes large prints. He has been
successful with film for years, mostly medium format, but is
transitioning to MF digital. He has been amazingly generous in
sharing his thoughts with photographic evidence about why he thinks
them. I think his opinions are worth paying attention to. I may not
always agree, but his opinions are well considered, his business
depends on them and mostly he is right. When he finds he has made a
mistake he shares that as well. Wow. How refreshing is that?

I am always surprised when people who have not done the equivalent of
his careful homework are so readily trash him because they don't like
what he says.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA