[OM] Re: A public apology to Andrew F and to the list

Subject: [OM] Re: A public apology to Andrew F and to the list
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:56:42 +1000
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> I am disappointed and feeling quite alone now.  Excluding the
> possibility of irony, which I both suspect and hope is the
> case here, then it looks like Andrew may not really be a
> curmudgeon after all, for true curmudgeons neither apologize
> nor ask to be apologized to.  Take me, for example...

Well, presuming to speak on Andrew's behalf, as it's the
least a non-curmudgeon can do to provoke a curmudgeon to draw
himself out from under his crusty exterior to show his
crustier underbelly, I'd say he's publicly crying crocodile
tears into his beer in the hope that someone will take pity
on him and buy him another schooner (or three).

...and don't anyone smile at him! You all know how that song
goes.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz