[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:42:57 -0500
 There is no
> magazine large enough to require more than 4 MP in a full spread even
> with judicious cropping, but they jumped on that 8MP Canon EOS 1D mk
> II. As the count goes up further makers with smaller sensors are
> going to be at a distinct disadvantage unless people get rational
> about what they need.
>
> That's going to happen. :-)
While I generally agree with you, there are situations where more is better.
See Stephen Troy's posts on his brother's MF digital, and the additional
detail that is required. I don't think a 4mp camera can get that sort of
detail in a 4c repro.

That;s what has kept me away from the E1, and even the D20. I've read the
posts about the good skin tones and fine color reproduction, and I don't
have any reason to think I wouldn't be satisfied with those aspects,
especially as skin tones are of little interest to me. When I shoot in  an
oil refinery or chemical plant, I need to reproduce detail. I'm not
convinced we're there, yet. As the saying goes, close, but no cigar.

Bill Pearce