[OM] Re: OT system for sale

Subject: [OM] Re: OT system for sale
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:04:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2005 1:46:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I tend  to think of this as annoying. What if I bid on a system part
and  then miss out on another (perhaps essential) part?

The other side of the coin is that as a seller, how many potential buyers  do
you eliminate by packaging a bunch of stuff together rather than offering
individual pieces.  Although I may need a lens, I may already have the  body,
back, metering device or whatever.

eBay is a business.  Were either you or I that business, we would not  be
very pleased if a seller used our venue to sell their car . . . however they
only listed the hubcap with a condition of selling the rest of the car to the
buyer at a predetermined price (off the books) if they were the successful
bidder on the hubcap.

eBay is, IMHO, a true example of a free enterprise system in which buyers
and sellers determine market value.  Market value being that price at which  a
willing seller and a willing buyer agree to complete a transaction.  It  is a
fair and open system in which no one has an advantage.

It is aggravating to miss a piece you want, however eBay has taught me the
concept of "patience" better than many other of life's learning  experiences.
There will be another of that item which will come along at  your price . . .
sooner or later.  Bill Barber