[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:39:13 -0400
Walt,

I got my E-1 about a week after you and I am still awaiting $150 from them.
Unlike you I didn't get a confirmation from anybody about it.

If you have turn up a phone number to call let us know how it goes.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Walt Wayman
Subject: [OM] Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

I mailed in the rebate forms a couple of days after my E-1 and LWMNBN
arrived, probably around the 10th of June.  Soon thereafter, I received an
e-mail from "Your Rebate Center" informing me that my "rebate submission"
had been received and giving me a tracking number.  On that date, and all
dates subsequent thereto, their website informs me that "Your rebate is
valid and is scheduled for final processing."  Cool!

Today, the "Your Rebate Center" website informs me again that "Your rebate
is valid and is scheduled for final processing."  So much for expediency.

I recall a couple of years ago sending in the rebate form for a 28-105/2.8
Tamron and getting a check for $125 the following week.  Maybe Olympus has
overdrawn their account and don't have the $325 they owe me.  Surely they
know I'll just spend it on another E-1 lens or accessory of some sort.
What's wrong with these people?

Walt, waiting 10 more days before nasty e-mail composition

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --