[OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:46:06 +1200
Ag commented

> > Interesting, we've got exposure bracketing, focus bracketing,
> > WB bracketing, through in a few variations in composition.
>
> Focus bracketing?  Which manual page is THAT on?
>
> <grin>
>
> AG
Well, it IS  possible to manually focus the ZD lenses, so if you are using
your lens set wide open to get shallow DOF, and you wish to focus on either
the closest part of your subject, and then some other part, you can; you can
also do this in auto by locking the focus on a chosen distance (shutter
button half-depressed ) then pan to another place where the sharpness of the
focus may look different, and complete the shutter button closure - if you get
the drift of the argument.

And talking about focus, I have found that my bargain de-fungussed Zuiko 85-
250 is STILL sharp even though it was taken to bits to be cleaned. On the E-
1 it is incredibly finicky to focus, especially semi-hand-held, and at full
stretch. 1 KM away is NOT at infinity according to this lens, so I have to turn
to the infinity stop, then carefully back off a little..

Brian