[OM] Is it safe to send unexposed film via U.S. Mail?

Subject: [OM] Is it safe to send unexposed film via U.S. Mail?
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:12:05 -0400
I probably should have asked this question before I bid on and won some
film on eBay.  But what the heck, I'm only out $14.50.

I bought several rolls of Kodak Gold 100; seller sent them to me via
Priority Mail.  I've read allegations that the Postal Service zaps packages
with the kiss of death bomb detecting ray.

Do any of you U.S. listees have any real time experience with receiving
unexposed print film in the mail?  Any problems with the resulting
prints?  I know AG said in a recent post that he received some exposed B&W
that had some fogging or other issue.

Thanks,

Gary