[OM] Re: How my E-1 got wet

Subject: [OM] Re: How my E-1 got wet
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:31:58 -0700

On Aug 8, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Walt Wayman wrote:

> She has a worthless, criminal, scumbag 22-year-old nephew who comes
> and crashes at her house occasionally, since it is now unoccupied,
> and, he being kin, she hesitates to have him put behind bars, which
> is right where he belongs.

Wow, you just described about half of the people under 30 that I've
met over the last few years. ;-)

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I don't remember people
being as selfish and stupid when I was that age. When I went back to
college a few years ago I could barely believe some of the things I
saw people doing. I think the point where I pretty much lost all
faith in human nature came during a conversation about photos someone
wanted to publish in the school paper. This, amazingly enough, came
up in my Journalism Ethics class. One of my fellow students had found
a set of keys on the ground in the parking garage at school. He and a
couple of his friends walked around the garage pushing the button on
the key until a horn finally alerted them that they'd found the car.
They took the car for a joy ride, photographing their evening out,
and then put the car back in its space. In the process they stole
some CDs and personal effects that they found in the car. Then they
wanted to publish the photos in the school paper along with a story
one of them had written about the carefree dorm life. Even after I'd
blown out several blood vessels in my forehead during the heated
exchange that followed their proposal, I don't think they ever saw my
point.

> Because he sneaks in and out, it is never apparent when he is there
> with some of his crack-smoking friends, so whenever I go over to
> check out the house, I always go with Glock in hand, just as I did
> today.

Does that Glock have a program shift mode? Because I don't trust
anything that doesn't have a lot of battery-powered functions. ;-)