[OM] Re: doll like photos

Subject: [OM] Re: doll like photos
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:55:56 -0500
The Loretta Lux site is quite different, although disturbing in a different
way. Her's are photos of children, quite good, in fact, if you are
interested in children that have no joy in their lives. Those seem like
cover shots for Roald Dahl books.

Beccy, on the other hand, is showing a particularly strange subset of
American life. The girls in the photos are not dressed as hookers, but as
tiny Miss America contestants. They are in no way different from dogs, cats,
or horses in a show.

Although I am quite aware that this is an area of interest for pedophiles,
I'm more disturbe by the potential for psychological damage to the
contestants. And, yes, I've seeen a bit of the documentary, and it can and
often is child abuse.

Is this a purely American phenomena, or are there little miss London pagents
too?

To remain OT,  I can't imagine any person that owns an OM shooting things
like this.

Bill Pearce