[OM] Re: OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:47:43 -0400
Gary Teller wrote:

> An OM-1N I recently found has a jumpy meter needle.  By that I mean when I
> turn on the meter--I'm using a mercury battery--the needle sometimes
> doesn't move. Turning the switch off and then back on seems to get it
> going. I've also noticed sometimes a slight delay in moving when turning
> the switch on.

Sounds to me like a dirty switch.  Try turning the switch on and off
about 50 times and see if it clears up.  If not try another 50 times.
If it's still not working properly after your switch finger wears out
the top will have to come off to get to the contacts.  But that and
other cleaning will be done in a CLA.

Chuck Norcutt