[OM] OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle

Subject: [OM] OM-1N Jumpy/sticky Meter needle
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:52:45 -0400
An OM-1N I recently found has a jumpy meter needle.  By that I mean when I
turn on the meter--I'm using a mercury battery--the needle sometimes
doesn't move. Turning the switch off and then back on seems to get it
going. I've also noticed sometimes a slight delay in moving when turning
the switch on.

When changing aperture or shutter speed the needle seems to be a little bit
jumpy or stuttering before settling into place.  Needle centering settings
are within a 1/2 stop of my other OM bodies.

What I want to know is the probable cause and cure.  Since this one won't
be a keeper for me I'd like to be able to give this information to the
potential auction site buyer.

In case anyone on the list is interested in acquiring it write me off
list.  The body is not pretty but it's not beaten up either.  Aside from
surely needing a CLA, it'd make a great back up body or would be good for
taking to those places you'd never take your beauties.

Thanks in advance,

Gary