[OM] Re: OM's and vibration, was: Re: Olympus cameras etc in Australia

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's and vibration, was: Re: Olympus cameras etc in Australia
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:30:58 -0300
on 31/07/2005 06:06, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> That is why Oly always said in their
> instructions for lenses over 50mm, "...to prevent camera shake: When
> using a tripod, hold the camera steady with both hands and press the
> shutter release with the ball of finger, not with the cable release."

Where can this quote be read, Moose? Aside of on this lidt I mean. :-)

> It seems to depend a lot on the lens. You can tell which ones, mostly
> modest teles and zooms, by looking at the detail of Gary's tests.

I bet so. The tripod collar helps my 85~250 quite a bit. Wish I could attach
one to my 200/4 + 2X-A, but a nice bean bag (containing 1 Kg mix of several
kinds of real beans) over the body does make the trick.

Wonder if Mike feels too disappointed when making portaits of foxes or
panorama shots at dawn. Certainly he didn't use aperture pre-fire, but he
was looking for a wooden tripod some weeks ago.

my 2 cents

Fernando.