[OM] Re: $70 BIN for an f/2.8 35-70 Tokina

Subject: [OM] Re: $70 BIN for an f/2.8 35-70 Tokina
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:49:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Seems like a bargain to me, but I don't know the lens.

Price appears about right for the lens. I sold one of these to
another list-member.  I loved that lens. Best wedding/event lens
I've ever used prior to the 14-54 on my E-1.

The archives from a few years back probably contain posts from
me waxing on about it.  Sold it when I needed the cash much more
than the lens.

Only problem with this lens is the outer diameter of it causes
the aperture ring to interfere with a Bogan/Monfrotto hex plate
unless you have a winder/md attached to the camera.

It's a constant aperture and remarkably flat-fielded for
close-up work.  In fact, with extension tubes it makes for an
outstanding macro lens.

The filter-ring rotates with the focus ring, so using polorizers
is a little bit of a pain.

For somebody looking for a really nice moderate zoom that is
VERY good, this lens should be on your short list.  It was the
only lens I ever bought new for my OM gear and used it to take
thousands of little-league team/individual pictures.

Since I know somebody's going to ask:  Bokeh is much more
Nikon-like.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs