[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:41:48 -0700
Sloppy of me. Those were my words. What he said:

"What I was looking for," he says, "was how does it handle the
transition of tone from highlight to shadow, how does it handle deep,
deep shadow, what does it look like sharpness-wise. The Phase One was
better. Any photographer who doesn't think so is fooling themselves.
[But] to my eye, it wasn't $22,000 better. The question [I asked
myself] was: Ultimately, will you see a difference on the printed
page when this is turned into dots and ink? And the answer was, no, I
would not. That was the deciding factor. If money were no object, I'd
be a back shooter. But [money] is a thing.

I concluded it was overkill since it would make no difference to his
intended use.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA