[OM] Re: DoF conversion from 35mm to digi equivalant

Subject: [OM] Re: DoF conversion from 35mm to digi equivalant
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:01:57 -0400
You've got it.  Divide focal length and aperture by the crop factor.
If you're using a DOF calculator and not just doing a relative
calculation you also need to divide the circle of confusion (or multiply
desired resolution) by the same factor.

Now then, for your E-1 to equal the angle of view and DOF of your OM
with wide open 50/1.4 all you need is a 25mm f/0.7 Digital Zuiko.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt