[OM] Re: Film pro goes digi, another E-1 photo

Subject: [OM] Re: Film pro goes digi, another E-1 photo
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:13:30 -0700
I don't think Olympus ever said the lens mount had to be large. The E-System
lenses don't have very large rear elements. A fair amount of the space
between the innermost edge of the mount and the outermost edge of the rear
lens element is used by the electrical contacts.

I suspect the size was kept the same as the OM for mechanical strength,
compatibility with OM mount lenses, and perhaps the "if it's too small it
doesn't look professional" attitude.

-jeff