[OM] Re: (Fwd) [photoconservation] Archival Gold DVD-R (?)

Subject: [OM] Re: (Fwd) [photoconservation] Archival Gold DVD-R (?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:48:29 -0700
tOM Trottier wrote:

>Larger capacity DVD-Rs have not had a great reputation in the archival world.
>It looks like
>Delkin has been working on this and they now have a new product:
>
>http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_archival_gold_dvd.html
>
>Perhaps the folks at the Canadian Conservation Institute who have been
>involved in testing
>CD-R and DVD-R media could comment on this new product.

The material about archival quality of CDs that I've read has also
emphasized the importance of the dye layer, with the highest performance
coming from the proprietary Mitusi material. I notice Delkin says
nothing at all about the dye material. In today's wold of promotion,
that probably means they don't use Mitsui.

Another manufacture of gold reflective layer DVDs, and using the Mitsui
dye material, is MAM-A <http://store.mam-a-store.com/mam43437.html>.

Moose