[OM] Re: tranquil moose

Subject: [OM] Re: tranquil moose
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:48:28 -0400
Walter Tani wrote:

> Aww, c'mon, Chuck.  You're leaving me hangin'... it begs the question:
> What's exciting the moose so they gotta get tranquilized?  :P
--------------------------

Dr. Glendenning first bought his vetinary practice from a retired
vetinarian about 30 years ago.  Within days of moving into the old farm
house included in the purchase he had a couple of New York State
troopers knocking on the door early in the morning.  They wanted to
borrow his tranquilizer gun to shoot a moose that was causing some havoc
in the middle of town.  Probably looking to buy some OM gear not
available in the woods.

His response was, "I don't have a tranquilizer gun".  The troopers said,
"Sure you do.  We'll show you where it is."  Obviously these guys had
been there before.

Well, the moose was eventually tranquilized by the troopers and all was
well.  However, in the process of searching for the tranquilizer darts
he managed to stick his hand into a puddle of the tranquilizer
(concentrated nicotine as I recall) that had leaked from a capsule.  The
stuff is so powerful and is absorbed into the skin so fast that it
knocked him unconscious before he could cross to the other side of the
room to wash his hands.  Fortunately, one of the troopers caught him
before he hit the floor.

Well, that's the story as I remember it.

Chuck Norcutt