[OM] Soligar 35-70 Zoom

Subject: [OM] Soligar 35-70 Zoom
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
I'm clearing out a bunch of OM stuff on that auction
site (trying to pay for the E-300 I just ordered!)

Anyhow, it's not my intention to bother you folks with
an advertisement, but something has made me curious.

Three of the lenses i'm selling are third-party.  A
CPC 28mm, A Tokina 80-200, and a Soligar 35-70.  No
bids on any of 'em yet, but SIX people put the Soligar
Zoom on their watch list, while nobody seems to be
interested in the other two.

Is there something about this lens I don't know? I
mean, it looks like a nice lens:  It's fast (f2.5/3.5)
and has a seperate macro-extension ring.  But, I never
really used it -- I bought it used with a camera body
and I've never cared much for 35-70 zooms in general
(I'd rather just have a 28mm and 50mm prime).

Obviously it won't be mine for long, but I curious to
find that six people seemed interested.

Another question: So far, I'm keeping my Zuiko 300mm
f4.5 to try on the E-300.  Does anyone else use this
combo with success?  I remember hearing there was a
list of "recommended" lenses from Olympus, but don't
know where to look.

http://mail.yahoo.com