[OM] Re: ilford xp2 super 400 asa or 100 asa?

Subject: [OM] Re: ilford xp2 super 400 asa or 100 asa?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
> AG, just to be clear, are you saying that *typical* C41
> processing doesn't
> sufficiently wash XP2? Or that it's *always* necessary to do
> so after getting it back from the lab?

>From what I've seen, the "typical" roller-transport C41
processing doesn't wash the film enough.

I wouldn't suggest that it's always necessary to rewash them
either. I don't usually need to do anything unless I'm making
11x14s and my exposure times are up over 70 seconds.  With
multiple burn-ins and/or split-grade, an enlargement can take
5-10 minutes just to expose.  This is expecially true with the
Kodak chromogenic films which don't wash transparent.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com