[OM] Re: Longevity of electronic media (E-1 related stuff)

Subject: [OM] Re: Longevity of electronic media (E-1 related stuff)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:56:37 -0700
Steve Dropkin wrote:

>I think the far greater danger to the longevity of pictures kept
>electronically is mentioned in your first paragraph: obsolescence of the
>picture format and/or the filing system used to create the CD.

Greater, or at least more immediate is danger from the CD itself failing
and becoming unreadable. As I just posted, some last much longer than
others. Upright or sideways, I don't know, but I do know that storage in
moderate tempertures, away from light and with low humidity will
optimize longevity.

Moose