[OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 3275/410

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 3275/410
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:49:48 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:

>I suppose one man's Kiron 105/2.8 is another man's Tamron 90/2.8,

LOL! I knew that was coming!

>which goes to 1:1 all by its bare-nekkid self, which, dare I say, on an E-1 is
>kinda like a 180/2.8, going all the way to -- could it be?

Yeah, sorta. Enlarged to the same print size as film with the same lens,
it should be "like" 2:1. The Kiron on the 300D is 170/2.8.

>Well, maybe not really, but it kinda looks like it.  :-)

Sure, why not?

>The Zuiko 90/2 works great on the E-1, but pardon the heresy when I say the
>Tamron wins in terms of size, weight, and range, while giving up nothing that
>I can see in the optical department.

Well, the Kiron is neither smaller nor lighter, being of that old
fashioned construction, but also "goes to 1:1 all by its bare-nekkid
self" and is optically superb.

>  They both have nine-blade diaphragms, and even the bokeh is the same:
> splendifferous almost always.

Oh, darn, I've only got 8 blades. :-)

Moose