[OM] Re: Zuiko shift lenses on E-?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko shift lenses on E-?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:38:03 -0700
Sadly to say I think a C*non user posted the most informed info:

****
I've used all the Canon and Nikon PC lenses for shift-and-stitch pano shots.
They are decent, but not critically sharp at the edges.  Currently, my
favorite PC lens is the Zeiss 35mm PC lens, which is nearly as rare (and
often even more expensive) than the Zuiko 24mm shift.

But 35mm is not really wide enough as a good general purpose landscape lens.
24mm is the perfect lens.  Recently, I discovered that the Zuiko 24mm Shift
lens is the "king of the hill" of wide perspective-control lenses, and thus
I am here on this list.

>From Mike Hattam
****

A 48mm shift doesn't seem like much fun. But Mike's method of holding the
lens fixed and shifting the body, then stitching the images together, could
be a real winner. More pixels for the cost of time. It would effectively
sacrifice the perspective correction though.
-jeff