[OM] Re: Speeding fines, as far OT as possible

Subject: [OM] Re: Speeding fines, as far OT as possible
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:52:57 +0100 (BST)
Walt, more to it than that...Michelin advised their
teams at least 1 day before the race that they could
NOT guarantee the safety of their tyres after 2
blowouts and serious tyre problems for all the teams.
      They all asked for a chicane before the banked
section BUT Ferrari refused. They even offered to
start behind the Bridgestone teams and race for NO
points. Again Ferrari and head of formula 1 refused.
So I feel that Michelin and the teams took the only
responsible action the could...spectator and driver
safety being paramount...So they did parade lap and
retired. BUT I feel formula 1 heads should be SHOT (or
something worse) they had a solution but were
unwilling to take it thinking they could force the
teams hands.
 I really feel for the poor spectators.
        John Duggan Wales UK

--- Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> All but a half dozen of 'em quit after one lap.  The
> Michelin tires/tyres apparently weren't up to safely
> taking one of the turns and they couldn't agree on
> what to do about slowing things down.  Nearly as
> dumb as the IRL and CART pissing contest of the past
> few years.
>
> Walt
>
> --
> "Anything more than 500 yards from