[OM] Re: An E-1 photo

Subject: [OM] Re: An E-1 photo
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:35:58 +0200
>I haven't shot much RAW yet, being content with SHQ for lens
>testing.  And speaking of RAW, does anybody use the Olympus Studio
>software?  I've played with it a little, but I can't say I'm
>impressed enough to pay $120 for it.

I was told (here) that Studio is the best to extract all you can from
an Oly RAW pic. However, the software is unappealing, and if like me,
you already have, and are comfortable with, Photoshop CS2, give it a
try. Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) has been very much improved.

In addition, it might be worth calibrating ACR, using pics of a
GretagMacbeth color checker and a Javascript script from Thomas Fors.
I will do this soon myself (as soon as I receive the color checker).
Some links :

http://www.visual-vacations.com/ColorManagement/cm_101/04camera.htm
http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/21351.html
http://www.snowhenge.net/pblog/archives/000131.html