[OM] Depth of field calculator

Subject: [OM] Depth of field calculator
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:02:20 +0100
A while back someone (Moose?) lamented that ZD lenses are not marked with
DoF scales, and wondered if somebody could/would put up a cheat sheet.

Sorry, I'm not volunteering BUT I found once more a lost-from-the-web
freeware DoF spreadsheet (www.archive.org can be very useful) designed by
Michael Davis, who deserves all the credit for developing it.  I hope he
doesn't mind what follows.

For those who can bring themselves to use IE 5.01 SP2 or later, it is
available (for now) here:
www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/mdofcal.htm preset for a 25mm lens on a 4/3
camera, and with the 4/3 sensor dimensions included at the bottom of the
list as "Other". Cells in yellow are input cells, you can therefore change
the FL to whatever you want, and change the image diagonal similarly.

For OM-listers only, please.

--
Piers