[OM] Re: [OM]Grandfather Mtn/Appalachian Trail

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Grandfather Mtn/Appalachian Trail
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:59:10 -0400
Charlie:

I can appreciate all those points, and am even copacetic with all but
#4.  Heck, I would even go for #4 if it weren't for the fact that it's a
contest adjudicated by others, and I am "up against" others, which isn't
very meaningful to me.  Up against myself?  No problem!

And I REALLY like the camping in otherwise restricted areas ... that
might be worth the price of admission for me.

The bit about "how will they tell" what is massive manipulation is also
a concern.  Undoubtedly there are telltale signs, but I suppose that
depends on the knowledge and skill of the judges.

Thanks for the explanation!

Earl