[OM] E series - 14-45 is much much better than 14-54

Subject: [OM] E series - 14-45 is much much better than 14-54
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:19:03 +0200
When you are silly and manage to drop your new E-1 onto it, somehow
upset how I was I kept thinking I am glad it wasn't the more expensive
14-54 ;-)

Has anyone stripped one of these new fangled lenses with motors. The
autofocus stopped working although I could hear it trying so figuring I
couldn't make it any worse I stripped it down and now I am trying to
figure how it goes back. The rear came apart and went back together
with no surprises, but the from front is proving a little trickier I am
sure there is a little trick and it just has to be twisted in a certain
way to clip back together, I had another look in better light this
morning but ran out of time, so if anyone knows the trick I would
welcome the information

Camera seems to work okay and has only some minor war wounds on the top
so now it looks like a real pro even if I am not :-)

thanks Ian  - who is beginning to feel it is definately not his best
year (but then the new baby in october will change that perception)