[OM] The joys of the OM-1's finder

Subject: [OM] The joys of the OM-1's finder
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:31:44 -0400
I took my only remaining OM body, a completely refurbished, black OM-1n out
last week and carried four lenses for the weekend, + Gossen LunaStar meter,
Kodachrome 64.  (This was just after the 8mm Sigma fisheye arrived last
week.)

24/2.0 Zuiko silver-nose
135/2.8 Zuiko silver-nose
8mm/4 Sigma circular fisheye
16mm/3.5 Sigma full-frame fisheye
1-13 screen

It had been so long that I've used an old OM body.  I've been absorbed with
either the Leica M or Olympus E-1 for about 3-4 years now, only using the
OM's for sports a couple of years ago.  And then I used my OM4T with an MD2
and the monster 80-200/2.8 Tamron, not a svelte outfit.

So I was amazed by the great finder, esp when using the fast, bright 24mm
f/2.0 or the full-frame Fisheye.  I had almost forgotten.......The big
finder, the uncluttered feeling.  The small SLR.  How it fits my hands
well....especially with the PhotoEquip unigrip, which is spectacular; much
better than a winder.

The one thing I missed was auto exposure....Which will likely mean that I
will be on the lookout for a nice fully CLA'd, black OM2n.   ===> Anybody
got one?

Ahhhhh, nostalgia...isn't it great?

Skip

http://mail2web.com/ .