[OM] Re: OT: Anyone using a Olympus 2100UZ?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Anyone using a Olympus 2100UZ?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:23:26 +0100
Haven't used one, but I have seen the results from one projected digitally,
and they were mighty impressive - especially at the long end of the 10x
optical zoom.

The 2100UZ is the only Olympus camera with IS, as best I know.  They bought
a licence from Canon for a specific number of lenses, and have reached that
number - hence no more!

At the right price I would consider it seriously on the strength of the
results I saw, if I wanted a 38-380mm (equivalent 35mm) lens - that it is
only a 2MP sensor would not be a problem.  But I have very rarely seen one,
presumably because there aren't that many around.

You know that Phil Askey did a review?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc2100uz/

--
Piers