[OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:03:41 -0700
People who really are really careful carry a lap top and then burn a
backup copy on CD or DVD when going portable because that hard disk
could fail too. I take a chance because I am a bit lazy and I carry
one of the so called picture wallets, a FlashTrax 40Gig and risk the
possible loss of pictures from a single trip. If I had not already
made that choice I would get one of the much spiffier Epson P-2000s.

At home, I have chosen the hard drive back up of the hard drive
solution both because of the ease of doing it and all the reports of
CD-R failure. As far as I know recordable DVDs use a similar
technology and are unreliable too.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA