[OM] Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:55:50 EDT
The magician says it is a mechanical malfunction and there are companies
which both he and Microsoft suggested could take it apart and likely recover
the
images.  In the mean time, I'm having a new 320 gb installed and will start
backing up to the external drive as soon as I get the computer back.

Perhaps what I need to do is get a portable writer to download my CF onto as
I fill them up, then load those into my photo files on my computer and then
back up to my external.  Would that do it?  What device would write to a DVD or
something that would hold 2 gb?

Bill "keeping his fingers crossed" Barber