[OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images

Subject: [OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:44:56 +0000
My sincerest condolences, Bill.  And thanks for the warning.  I've got several
hundred images on my HD that have neither been backed up or moved to CD.  Of
course, they are nearly all scans of slides I could put my hands on without too
much trouble and rescan.  But now that I've gone over to the dark side, your
tale of woe should provide the impetus necessary for me to develop better
habits, at least regarding my E-1 stuff.

My wife crashed her computer last year by installing a Windoze update package.
We hauled it in to the neighbohood geek store and they were able to resurrect
everything, though for the handsome sum of $375.  Talk about something you love
to hate, a computer has to be number one.  If our SUVs were as undependable and
unpredictable as our computers, there'd be horses grazing in the back yard.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --