[OM] Re: When old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: When old is new again
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:04:56 -0400
Earl Dunbar wrote:

> I have two 283s.  Both have homemade external battery backs consisting
> of 4x D cells, giving longer operation and faster recycling.  I'll keep
> using them as they are inexpensive units and my own brain can do the
> calculations.  But it would be nice if someone could invent a OM-TTL
> control for them.
I haven't used my 283 in years but my recollection is that the auto mode
on my OM-1 used to work almost as well as TTL and T-32's on the later
cameras.

ps:  I think I'd have bought the 285 today if I was going to buy Vivitar
instead of Sunpak.  My 283 has the variable power ratio control which
was an expensive option before the 285 came out.  Now it's built into
the 285.

Chuck Norcutt