[OM] Re: OT-Chicago

Subject: [OM] Re: OT-Chicago
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:10:33 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:

> <snip>
>
>Things to do and eat?
>
>The museums are awesome and the Chicago Art Institute is a
>requirement.  The best of the best Monet's are there (in my
>opinion).
>
>If you like pizza, you'll love UNO.  It's unique and unlike any
>other UNOs in the country.

Speaking of pizza, is Gino's on Superior still in business?  They serve
deep dish pizza that, if you like deep dish, is great.  At least it was
many years ago.  I stood in line with my wife for about 45 minutes in
the snow to get in, and it was worth it.

>If you can, a trip to Wrigley field is a wonderful experience.
>(see my gallery from Tuesday night).  Ticket prices typically
>range from around $22 to $50. Trust me, get the $50 seats and
>bring your camera.  Wrigley is probably the only major league
>ballfield where you've got people watching the game from INSIDE
>the scoreboard.  A hoot.

How 'bout those Blue Jays, AG?

>As far as restaurants are concerned, Chicago is beyond...  There
>is no excuse for eating at Perkins or Burger King.

That's the truth.  I wonder if Adam's Ribs, of Alan Alda/M.A.S.H. fame
is still around.  I haven't been to Chicago in ages, so have no other
specific recommendations, but if I had to choose one of the museums, it
would be the Art Institute.  I like the others, but that one is
refreshing to the soul.  I saw a Degas exhibit there about 25 years ago
that still moves me.

Earl