[OM] Re: Zuiko 200/4.0

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 200/4.0
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:51:12 -0300
Hi Olli,

Mine is #236354 Zuiko MC, and has always been an inexpensive lense.
Several can be found for sale at KEH and specially at B&H, at different
cosmetic condition.

Regarding performance between different serial numbers on this lens, I'd
take a look at Gary's test. There, I seem to understand that the single
coated (and silver-nosed) Zuiko Auto-T performs poorer than the MC version,
or that it was that particular sample lens.
This is more noticeable when coulping to the 2X-A matched multiplier. This
combo performs quite well with my 200/4; that, if you stop down to the
marked f5.6 (slight vignetting and resolution drop wide open) and use some
dampening aid such as a bean-bag (recently discussed topic), use hand held
with fast film or, better, a Manfrotto 293 _never tried a Manfrotto 293 with
the 2X-A coupled; wonder where would the front Y piece fit, since when using
it coupled to the 200/4 alone, the Y piece fits just behind the filter ring
which prevents from using the built-in hood or a polarizer.

Good for portraits, and for macro if you assume using different kinds of
extension rings, 65~116 included.

HTH,

Fernando.