[OM] Re: Pelang fisheye?

Subject: [OM] Re: Pelang fisheye?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:35:08 +1000
Yes, although I think it's only just become available in Oly mount.
Usually it comes in an M42 mount with adaptors which made it unusable
on OM. There are two OM mount examples on offer on ebay right now.
They range in price on ebay for a base version with M42 and Nikon
mount between $170 and $210. For other mounts like EOS and Contax
they are a tad more expensive - $10 or so more. Rugift asks about
$235 plus shipping plus another $15-20 for adapters. They don't offer
an OM mount I think.
WayneH shot one against the Zuiko and has already posted I see (Hi
Wayne). My impression was that the contrast level was lower and the
colour rendition flatter. And the fringing effects and halo from
internal reflections were worse too. However, all of these can be
fixed in Photoshop. After all, it's such a special effect lens that
you'd be working on the image anyway. A circular layer mask with some
feathering of the edge will clean up most of the mess! If you can do
these post adjustments it is a great value piece at 10% of the cost
of the alternatives and it becomes a 16mm full frame on an E1 with an
OM to 4/3 adapter. Focussing is irrelevant - you may as well epoxy
the thing at hyperfocal focus unless you want to do portraits! :)
AndrewF