[OM] Re: Size of digital prints, was: Cost of digital prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Size of digital prints, was: Cost of digital prints
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:42:23 -0400
I'm assuming that the photos of interest were shot with a digicam having
a 3:4 aspect ratio.  I forgot to mention that you won't find  3" X 4" or
4" X 5.5" prints at your local Costco or drugstore.  At least I don't
think so.  If they're going to be other than custom printed you have to
consider what happens to the excess width or height that will be cropped
off once a decision is made for an actual stadard print size.  You can
allow the printer to center crop it or you can carefully crop each image
exactly the way you want it.  Doing 500 of them could be a bit tedious,
however.

Chuck Norcutt

Barry B. Bean wrote:
  most of the prints will be 3" X 4" or 4" X 5.5" on roll paper