[OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
> Skip remarked:
> No PASM?  What else would you suggest, given the installed
> base of users?

Unfortunately, not all new advancements are improvements. If
C*non wasn't the inventor of this type of user-interface, they
surely ran with it and made it the new standard.  C*non is the
M*crosoft of the camera world.

> (P.S., at least there aren't any "scene" modes.  YUK!)

Well, with the M*nolta, they let you program in whatever
settings you want into those scene modes.  Very slick, indeed.

Then JimT wrote:
> Have we all forgotten Olympus' wonderful use of acronyms
> twenty years ago (ESP metering)??

And it continues today.  I'm not quite so sure they've improved
it through the years, though.  The ESP on the IS-3 works a bit
better than on the E-1.  The E-1's ESP mode will nail the
exposure most of the time, but when it goes wrong it's really
wrong.

AG