[OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:18:53 -0400
An empirical test?  Wudda concept!

That said, it looks like the plane of focus is a bit different in each
shot.  The image on the right seems a bit less clear overall.  This is
most obvious in the little white cap on the left side of each image.

This reminds me of story . . . chap who owns a local photo lab visits
Cuba regularly and has done so for years.  He befriended a number of
older photographers who were active during the Revolution and serves
as their agent here in the U.S.  But I digress . . .

Point being, he accidentally damaged a filter one day and to make sure
he didn't use it again he used a broad felt tip permanent maker to
make a big squiggle on the surface.  On a whim, he later shot some pix
with it and was amazed when his employees complimented the 'look' of
those pix.  He now uses it regularly for people pictures that he sells
through his gallery.

FWIW/ScottGee1