[OM] More E-thing lens questions

Subject: [OM] More E-thing lens questions
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:54:50 +0000
I keep tempting myself, then denying I even briefly entertained a single,
fleeting thought of such heresy.  But, since I have some of those old Zuikos
that seem to perform quite well on the E-thing (50/2, 90/2, 100/2, 180/2.8, and
35-80/2.8, et al.), and since stop-down metering means absolutely nothing to
someone who does a great portion of his photography with old Graphic and Mamiya
cameras (compose, focus, take meter reading, set f/stop, set shutter speed,
cock shutter, attach roll film back or insert sheet film holder, remove dark
slide, take picture, replace dark slide, advance film, or turn sheet film
holder over, checking to be sure the dark slide was reversed), I'm not the
least bit intimidated by the inconvenience of a total absence of hand-holding
features.  I was a photographer before auto-anything came along.  Hell, we
considered ready-made, store-bought roll film a luxury.  ;-)

So, one more question: Has anybody tried the 80-200/2.8 Tamron on an E-thing?

How about a 300/2.8 Tamron?

Walt, still waiting for the 10MP E-thing II, but getting impatient.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --