[OM] Re: Hi, Re + E-1 obsession

Subject: [OM] Re: Hi, Re + E-1 obsession
From: iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:38:33 +0200
-------- Original Message --------
From: Peter Leyssens

Hi & Re,

I'm Peter Leyssens, <snip very big part>

Peter,

finished your japanese studies already?

I added an E-1 as well, and am using it with zuiko's 8f2.8 40f2, 50f1.4, 50f2,
100f2 and 180 F2.8, they are all OK if you skip the biggest aperture, the 50f2
is accepteable for portraits, and in low light the 50f1.4 can do some nice
things at 1.4, but one has to be carefull (however, not very much different
from film). DOF is no problem to me, plenty of bokeh and lack of DOF left in
the 2x crop factor.

It won't be easy anymore to get the OM adapter for free, it is now a 99 euro
item out of stock! I think the student discount has ended as well, don't now
about holland however. I bought mine in the Tchech Republic with the kit lens
for a good price, if you're still into traveling, a trip to slovenia or the
czech republic could be saving good money, the warranty is european/worldwide.

Think over the 14-54, I also ditched it in my mind, but it is a very good lens,
especially as one lens walk around kit, very versatile, and semi macro at the
54mm end! The 11-22 is a very fine lens as well, and the 50f2 should be one of
the best lenses available.

But if you're after gear, back to basics could be nice as well, have been
thinking about a v*igtlander b*ssa r3a + 40mm f1.4 nokton lately. If a nice
used set croisses my path at a reasonable price, I doubt I could resist.

Lately my OM's are getting more use as well, especially for B+W with kodak
T400CN, which scans very well for digital workflow.

And yes, the OM-adapter is stop down, but one gets used to it rather fast.

So we don't say no against digital zuikoholism, an honest zuikoholic goes with
time as well!

Nice to hear you again, wecome back, and always welcome if you are near here!

Iwert.