[OM] Re: Using the E-1 as a microscope camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Using the E-1 as a microscope camera
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:27:54 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 30 May 2005, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> I was browsing the microscope section of the Olympus site, and found
> their recommendation for the E-1 being used as a microscope camera:
> <http://www.olympus-europa.com/medical/31_E-1.htm>
>
> A special adapter is mentioned to connect the E-1 to the microscope: the
> E1-PB/SPT1.2x.

I don't know what the E1-PB/SPT1.2x looks like, but by using the OM adapter
along with the PM-D35S adapter I can mount the E-1 to the any of the existing
photomicro heads.  Sensor dust does become a serious problem though, it shows
up much more than when using a lens.  You do get a roughly 2X multiplication
factor, just like when using an OM lens, Perhaps the E1-PB/SPT1.2x has an
objective in it to prevent that.

> I'm wondering what this adapter looks like.
> And if it can be used safely without voiding the E-1's warrenty ;) And
> if Olympus makes any digital AF microscopes and microscope objectives
> designed for the Four Thirds System to insure telecentric light
> entrance. 8^[]

Most modern microscopes have telecentric light emitted from the objectives
(older ones didn't) so I wouldn't put it beyond Olympus if they took advantage
of it!  Yet another reason why the E1-PB/SPT1.2x may have an objective in it.
                                        -mark